Congrats to the students of the month: Azzah, Naseelah and Maryam G.!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teach what you know

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Teach what you know on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Next week ends our discussion on the history and principles of tajweed. Our goal is to be able to teach what we have learned, be'ithnillaah. Choose a topic that we discussed and summarize it as concisely and comprehensively as possible. Make sure to give some background about the topic, at least 3 relevant facts, and examples as necessary.

Bismillaah!

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

2 Re: Teach what you know on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 pm

We should start with al-hadd.

Al-hadd is the definition of tajweed
The literal meaning of tajweed is "tahseen al-qiraa'ah," or "to improve the recitation."
Al-hadd divides into two: 'ilmee and 'amalee. 'Ilmee means the academic part of tajweed. 'Amalee means the practical part of tajweed. 

For example, when you learn 'ilmee, you know how sukoon, shaddah, and the Arabic letters look.

But when you know 'amalee, you know how to pronounce them. You know to hold onto letters with shaddah and to make saakin letters vowel-less.

View user profile

3 Re: Teach what you know on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:50 pm

SalihahSiddiqah wrote:We should start with al-hadd.

Al-hadd is the definition of tajweed
The literal meaning of tajweed is "tahseen al-qiraa'ah," or "to improve the recitation."
Al-hadd divides into two: 'ilmee and 'amalee. 'Ilmee means the academic part of tajweed. 'Amalee means the practical part of tajweed. 

For example, when you learn 'ilmee, you know how sukoon, shaddah, and the Arabic letters look.

But when you know 'amalee, you know how to pronounce them. You know to hold onto letters with shaddah and to make saakin letters vowel-less.
Excellent start, Salihah! Try modifying your examples, though, to fit tajweed. Although good examples for both categories, sukoon and shaddah are more directly connected to learning how to read than improving one's reading. Jazaakillaahu khairan!

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

4 Re: Teach what you know on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:33 pm

For example when you know 'amalee, you know how to pronounce ahkaam as-sawaakin.

View user profile

5 Re: Teach what you know on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:22 pm

SalihahSiddiqah wrote:For example when you know 'amalee, you know how to pronounce ahkaam as-sawaakin.
Good job! And for ilmee...?

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

6 Re: Teach what you know on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:01 pm

'Ilmee knowledge means you may know that a saakin letter is vowel-less.

View user profile

7 Re: Teach what you know on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:34 pm

SalihahSiddiqah wrote:'Ilmee knowledge means you may know that a saakin letter is vowel-less.
Tayyib! Let's move on to the next principle. Good work!

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

8 Re: Teach what you know on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Now we should continue to al-mawdhoo'. Al-mawdhoo' is the words of the Qur'an.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum