You are not connected. Please login or register

الظالمون or الظالمين??

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 الظالمون or الظالمين?? on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:18 pm

In class we mentioned two ways of saying the plural of the word ظالم:
ظالمون and ظالمين.
Note the only difference in the two forms is in the ending ون and ين. What accounts for this difference? Can either form be used at any time? Give an example to support you reasoning.

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

2 Re: الظالمون or الظالمين?? on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 pm

They have different ways of spelling but the root word is the same. Both forms can be used in any way because they mean the exact same thing. For example, in Surah Al-Mumenoon 23:94, ٱلظَّـٰلِمِينَ means "Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers)." And in Surah Al-Qasas 28:59, ظَـٰلِمُونَ means "Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, oppressors and tyrants)."They have the same meaning, just different letters and vowels at the end.

View user profile

3 Re: الظالمون or الظالمين?? on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 pm

nase.elah wrote:They have different ways of spelling but the root word is the same. Both forms can be used in any way because they mean the exact same thing. For example, in Surah Al-Mumenoon 23:94, ٱلظَّـٰلِمِينَ means "Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers)." And in Surah Al-Qasas 28:59, ظَـٰلِمُونَ means "Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, oppressors and tyrants)."They have the same meaning, just different letters and vowels at the end.
Well thought out, maashaaAllaah. To give a bit more direction in this question: During Sunday's lecture, we mentioned the term "i'raab" when discussing the differences between the recitations. Can anyone shed some light on that term? What does it refer to?

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

4 Re: الظالمون or الظالمين?? on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm

I'raab is the changing of the ending of a word depending on its place.

View user profile

5 Re: الظالمون or الظالمين?? on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:30 pm

They are the same but one of them is feminine and the other is masculine

View user profile

6 Re: الظالمون or الظالمين?? on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:22 pm

nase.elah wrote:I'raab is the changing of the ending of a word depending on its place.
Very good. Now let's try viewing these words from the angle of i'raab. What makes them different?

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

7 Re: الظالمون or الظالمين?? on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Aasiyah wrote:They are the same but one of them is feminine and the other is masculine
They are actually both masculine (in the plural form) but since you mentioned it: what is the feminine of the word ظالم? For extra credit you can research and share your findings here.

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum