You are not connected. Please login or register

Some Advice

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Some Advice on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 pm

وَٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ‌ۖ وَيُعَلِّمُڪُمُ ٱللَّهُ‌ۗ وَٱللَّهُ بِڪُلِّ شَىۡءٍ عَلِيمٌ۬

"So be afraid of Allah; and Allah teaches you. And Allah is the All-Knower of everything." (Baqarah:282)

If a person doesn't remember that, they could become like the person who is carrying wheat.

View user profile

27 Re: Some Advice on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:20 pm

SalihahSiddiqah wrote:وَٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ‌ۖ وَيُعَلِّمُڪُمُ ٱللَّهُ‌ۗ وَٱللَّهُ بِڪُلِّ شَىۡءٍ عَلِيمٌ۬

"So be afraid of Allah; and Allah teaches you. And Allah is the All-Knower of everything." (Baqarah:282)

If a person doesn't remember that, they could become like the person who is carrying wheat.

That is the point, jazaakillaahu khairan. We understand from this verse that Allaah will teach you on condition that you fear him. As the salaf mentioned, "taqwaa" entails doing deeds upon a light from Allaah (meaning from the revelation of the qur'aan and sunnah) hoping for Allaah's reward. Also that you abandon disobedience upon a light from Allaah fearing the punishment of Allaah.
So observing the commands and prohibitions of Islam is directly connected to one's success in learning
A beautiful quote to ponder from Imam Ash-Shafi'ee rahimahullaah:

I complained to Wakee' about the poorness of my memory
So he directed me to abandon disobedience
And informed me that the knowledge of Allaah is light
And [that] the light of Allaah does not guide the disobedient

(Read more about the guidelines for acquiring knowledge here.

May Allaah make us from the people of taqwaa, aameen.

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

28 Re: Some Advice on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:34 am

That is also true for me especially if I haven't ate all day (unless I'm fasting) or if I'm really tired...

View user profile

29 Re: Some Advice on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Has anyone tried to recite outside when it's really hot or when it's really cold

View user profile

30 Re: Some Advice Today at 2:31 pm

AmirahMS wrote:Has anyone tried to recite outside when it's really hot or when it's really cold
I would suggest reciting in a place that is more or less temperate so that you're not distracted by the physical conditions. That goes not only for the weather but also people, things, sounds...If one tries to recite while a party is going on in the same room (or the next room) she can't really imagine making much progress, right?
You might notice that the ulama and even students of knowledge have personal libraries or rooms that are designated for their studies, hafidhahumullaah. 
What are some of your favorite places to study?

View user profile http://queageinmotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum